Responsible for operating a stationary or traveling crane to lift, move, position, and reposition material. Depresses buttons, lifts levers, and ensures material is safely attached to crane before moving.
- Operate crane under general supervision.
- Manipulate or depress crane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Assist in repair of crane as needed.
- Inspect crane for safety issues on a daily basis.
- Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
- Complete job tickets and all other necessary paperwork.
- Lift, position and place material, steel structures or other large objects on and off trucks and various locations at facility.
- Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower loadline.
- Bolt boom sections together to extend or modify boom for high lifting.
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Operate crane according to signals from helper.
- Start and stop crane engine.
- Follow directions carefully.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with operational and personnel policies and procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Technical Understanding
- Equipment Maintenance
- Basic Safety
- Attention to Detail
- Job Knowledge
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org