Produces cut to specified length parts by setting up, and operating a programmable and/or manual band saw; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans cutting by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and drawings.
- Reviews stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting requisitions for stock when needed.
- Programs saw equipment by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; adjust speed, feed rate, and blade tensions; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up saw equipment by selecting and installing blade on machine, using handtools.
- Positions guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpiece, using handtools and measuring devices.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing cutting and taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn blades; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Conceptual Skills
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Attention to Detail
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org