Fitter (NOW HIRING)
Opportunity to join a successful team of dedicated professionals based in Birmingham, Alabama in a market leading business supplying highly-engineered, fabricated metal products to the transportation infrastructure industry.
We are searching for a quality individual to fill a highly skilled position in the Fitting Operations. Initial duties include fitting and layout of large steel interstate sign structures. Layout and/or fitting experience is a plus. We are willing to train entry level fitters as well. This is a challenging position which requires a high degree of personal discipline and technical expertise.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Reading and interpreting detail drawings
- Laying out and fitting material as described in detail drawings
- Ability to tack weld material into place
- Crane operation to move pieces into place
Desired qualities and skills include:
- Layout and/or fitting training
- Previous layout and/or fitting experience
- Strong work ethic and dedication
- Flexibility to work extended hours or alternate shift
Wages and bonus potential will be competitive and according to experience. Attractive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, 401(k), ten paid holidays and paid vacation.
Please send resume to email@example.com