Opportunity to join a successful team of dedicated professionals based in Birmingham, Alabama in a market leading business supplying highly-engineered, fabricated metal products to the transportation infrastructure industry.
We are searching for a quality individual to fill a highly skilled position in the Sales Department. Initial training includes engineering design concepts, structural steel detailing via AutoCAD, interpretation of construction plans and survey information, as well as daily problem solving and purposeful research. Upon completion of the initial training, the individual will analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare estimates for products by performing the duties described below.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Review Data to determine material and labor requirements and prepare estimates
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Interface with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
- Develop working knowledge of specifications: ASTM, AASHTO, AWS D1.1, AISC and various State DOT standards
- Utilize MS Excel daily (understanding of Visual Basic Applications for Macros a plus)
Desired qualities and skills include:
- Highly organized and self-motivated, able to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges and projects
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in engineering and materials fabrication environment, particularly in design or detailing, would be highly beneficial
- Estimating/Project Management experience
- Pricing/Purchasing/Sales experience
Salary and bonus potential will be commensurate with experience. Attractive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), ten paid holidays and paid vacation.
Please send resume to email@example.com